As a follow up to my last post about Running FDS on a Raspberry Pi, this post explains how to go about Running Smokeview on a Raspberry Pi.
On the Raspberry Pi, I performed the following steps to get Smokeview working:
- Install the freely available gfortran compiler (sudo apt-get install gfortran)
- Install the following graphics libraries:
sudo apt-get install xorg-dev libjpeg8-dev freeglut3-dev
- Download the FDS repository from Google Code to ~/FDS-SMV
- cd to the ~/FDS-SMV/SMV/Build/LIBS/lib_linux_gcc directory
- Run the script ./makelibs.sh
- cd to the ~/FDS-SMV/SMV/Build/gcc_linux directory
- Run the script ./make_smv.sh
- Smokeview is compiled!
- From my blog post on Running FDS on a Raspberry Pi, run one of the example cases.
- The, cd to the directory with the example case, and run the example case in Smokeview by typing:
~/FDS-SMV/SMV/Build/gcc_linux <casename> For example:
cd to the ~/FDS-SMV/Verification/ folder and type:
Note: in the above pictures, I sshed into the Raspberry Pi using X11 forwarding for convenience. So, the pictures are of Smokeview running from the Raspberry Pi, but displayed on my Mac.